Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2019

2019: A Face Odyssey

The Demagogue-class Castecaster crash-landed on a strange planet in the Tch O-kid ‘ar  cluster of stars. I had lost my bearings and the crash had left me badly disoriented. I precariously stumbled out of the craft onto the alien terra firma. 


As far as my eyes could see, the landscape was swathed in eyeball-melting orange. A strange chant reverberated in a loop with unbearable oppressiveness: “dimodimodimodimodimo”. 

It was torturing me to the core of my soul! I pressed my palms on my ears and shut my eyes to block it out. But it seemed to seep into every pore of my skin with an inexorable urgency. 

Before I knew, I was surrounded by strange creatures with large ears and eyes. Their horn-like appendages were sheathed in shining gold. They forcibly took me to a shed and pushed me on a bed of hay. 

“Chew the cud!” they ordered. 

“What bull?!” I screamed. 

Presently they brought in a yellowish liquid in massive jugs and handed it to me. 

“Refreshments,” the stern brown one said. 

I said I won't have it. 

She yelled, “Moo!” 

I said, “OK! OK!” and slowly began to drink that disgusting liquid that tasted like piss and grass. 

I began to choke … I couldn't breathe … I thrashed about … Nooo!!! 

With a start, I woke up, drenched in sweat, heavily panting. What a nightmare! 

Phew! I was still on Earth and the national elections were on.

No comments:

Post a Comment