Pages

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Celebrity Sighting

I think eighty percent of the charm of seeing a celebrity in real life is the feeling of deja vu.

"Oh shit! I've seen him somewhere! He looks so small this time!"

Of course you moron! The last time you saw him was when he jumped off a cliff, rang the bells of a temple, swung from a tree, swept off a dame, splashed into a 5-star swimming pool and touched the feet of an elderly lady; all the while singing a duet. On top of that you witnessed this on a twenty feet by fifty feet screen. Even your extremities would look big on it!

I have had my celebrity encounters. The deja vu is just so strong! Its the same face! Has this encounter happened before? Of course thats the mock reaction. I know that thats the guy from the screen. Half the time I'm trying to figure out similarities between the on-screen and off-screen personalities. The other half is spent cursing myself at staring at him, lest I'm thought of as a desperate, servile celebrity worshiper. That is so not cool!!

PS: The rest twenty percent is feeling like a celebrity yourself- Proximity Glorification.

No comments:

Post a Comment