Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dudette Discovers Garlic!

FADE IN.

GREATER KAILASH, SOUTH DELHI BUNGALOW. A POSH HOUSE TASTEFULLY FURNISHED.
The camera pans the drawing room and moves toward the kitchen as Dudette passes in front of the camera straying into the kitchen by mistake.
INT. KITCHEN. DAY.
Mom has a white thing in her right hand, trying to crush it on the kitchen granite slab.

DUDETTE
Mom what is that?

MOM
It's a pod of garlic beta.
DUDETTE
Garlic as in garlic bread and vampires?
MOM
Ummmm...yes.
DUDETTE
Pod as in IPod?
MOM
Ummmmm...distantly related.
DUDETTE
Wow! Cool! Wait till I tell my friends
that garlic came from IPods!
MOM
No no it's just the word! Actually
garlic came first. Try to...
DUDETTE
Yeah whatever mom. What are you doing
with it?
MOM
I'm removing its skin.
DUDETTE
Oh okay. But why are you killing it?
MOM
Oh, I'm just crushing its knotty head
so that its easier to peel its skin!
DUDETTE
Awesome mom! Can you imagine the world's
reaction when it knows how easy it is to
skin a garlic pod? Wait, let me record
this on my cell. It will get millions of
hits on YouTube! I'll be famous! I'll be
rich!
Mom slaps her forehead with her left palm and shakes her head left to right looking down at the garlic pod.
DUDETTE
Hahahahaha! That was so funny! Wait wait,
do that again, do that again!

FADE INTO BLACK.

2 comments:

  1. That’s cool dude! I wish I could spank your head too for this awesome piece of comedy:)

    ReplyDelete