Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Nothing Changes the World

There is nothing that changes the world, I posit.
I don't know why I said that, but I said it.
And here's the thesis unfurled;
There is nothing that changes the world.

Neither love, nor a shove.
Neither peace, nor caprice.
Neither books, nor crooks.
Neither sex, nor a hex.
Neither pictures, nor scriptures.
Neither threat, nor a bet.
Neither god, nor a broad.
Neither poker, nor a smoker.
Neither yes men, nor god men.
Neither deity, nor piety.
Neither alms, nor qualms.
Neither boredom, nor freedom.
Neither you, nor your view.
Neither I, nor my cry.
Neither nerds, nor words.
Neither mimes, nor forced rhymes.

And finally, neither does this silly poem.
(That doesn't rhyme with anything, ahem!)

Nothing changes the world, I still insist.
But if change is something you want in your midst,
Then my dear shrink-wrapped Freud,
Wait for the next asteroid.

No comments:

Post a Comment